Our Elder Behavioral Health Program provides services to elders in the local senior centers, in the elder’s home, and in our accessible offices at MVCS’ Island Counseling Center.
Individual, couple and family therapeutic services are available to deal with issues of aging, grief, depression, anxiety and are aimed at reducing isolation, supporting improved functioning, increasing independence and reducing barriers by supporting Elders in accessing and coordinating services. Support for caregivers is provided through the caregivers group.
- Individual, couple and family counseling
- Psychiatric evaluation
- Medication evaluation and monitoring
- Support groups
- CORE (Counseling Outreach and Referral for the Elderly) Home based outreach counseling to seniors who are unable or reluctant to come to the Council on Aging (COA) or ICC office and/or are anxious about engaging in services.
Caregivers Support Group:
The Caregivers Group is a support group for caregivers and provides a forum for caregivers to meet and connect with others in similar circumstances. Group support and discussions include topics such as wellness, meditation, challenges and joys of caregiving, reducing stress and increasing knowledge on caregiving issues and needs.
The group meets twice a month on the first and third Thursday of the month at 10:30AM in Conference Room 1 in Building C on the MVCS campus. For more information and confirmation of time and place please contact Allison McKinley at ext. 217.
The Caregivers support group is partially funded by a Title III Grant from Elder Services of Cape Cod.
- Edgartown Council on Aging
- Oak Bluffs Council on Aging
- Tisbury Council on Aging
- Up Island Council on Aging