Services for Employers
Island Employers are supported through the following services provided by Island Employment Services:
The placement and support of qualified job applicants:
- Island workers for Island jobs;
- Job-site training and support provided by IES;
- Assignment of a Job Trainer to insure 100% satisfaction with employee performance;
- Assistance with job site evaluations.
- On and/or off site training provided;
- Assistance with specialized communication techniques;
- Co-worker in-service trainings;
- Education about and assistance with the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC).
- On-site training;
- One-on-one job task training;
- A plan for graduated expectations;
- Support for efficiency, social skills, interpersonal relations, and work ethic.
- Retraining employee as required;
- Employment-related counseling;
- Facilitation of communication;
- Transportation coordination.