We believe that children learn best through their play and active engagement with materials. Teachers design the environment based on the interests of the children and then support their play by expanding upon their ideas. Child-initiated as well as teacher directed experiences are provided in small and large groups throughout the day, both indoors and out. The curriculum supports the development of social skills, literacy, math, science, social studies, the arts and technology.
MVCS Childcare Center offers care for children three months through five years in four classrooms:
| Young Toddlers
||3-24 months||$60.50/day||3 teachers, 9 children|
| Older Toddlers
||2-3 years||$57.00/day||2 teachers, 9 children|
|Pre-School||3-4 years||$54.00/day||2 teachers, 12 children|
|Pre-K||4-5 years||$54.00/day||2 teachers, 14 children|
- The Center has been named as one of the top 10 programs in Massachusetts that support school readiness by Social Impact Research.
- The Center is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children, a voluntary marker of high quality programming.
- The program serves breakfast, a hot lunch and afternoon snack so there is no need to bring food!
- The program utilizes the Creative Curriculum as a framework for planning and implementing the curriculum, and for reporting children’s progress. Teachers utilize a systematic approach to observation and assessment in order to learn about and plan for each child in the group.
- Each child receives a developmental screening within three months of entrance into the program. This screening assists us in identifying any barriers to development and learning so that we can provide additional supports.
- The Second Step Curriculum designed to promote social competence by teaching children the core areas of empathy, emotion management, and social problem solving, is provided to both Preschool classrooms during circle times utilizing fun puppets (Impulsive Puppy, Be-Calm Bunny and Slow down Snail).
- The program offers Talking About Touching: Personal Safety Curriculum to preschool classrooms, which teaches personal safety skills to the children (cars, traffic, fire, guns, “always ask first” rule, touching safety, etc.).
- Two large engaging play yards are designed for younger and older children in order to meet the developmental needs of all the children.
- The Center supports working parents by providing year round services with early drop off and late pick up option.
- The Center has high teacher-child ratios.
- The Center provides Portuguese translation support.
Parent Volunteer Opportunities
- Be a members of the Center Parent Advisory Committee!
- Join us for special classroom activities, field trips or visit anytime!
Judy Thomas, Child Care Program Coordinator