Head Start Policy Council
The Policy Council serves as the governing body of the Head Start Program with shared decision making with the MVCS Board of Directors. The officers of the Policy Council are: Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer.
The Policy Council responsibilities are:
- Assisting with the development, review and approval of all program plans, funding applications, needs assessments, personnel actions and policies, self evaluation and other policy issues.
- Serving as the link to the Parent Committee, public and private organizations and the community.
- Assisting in the recruitment of Head Start families.
- Suggesting ideas for program improvements.
- Assisting in recruiting volunteer services and mobilizing community resources to meet identified needs.
- Approving expenditures for parent and child activities.
- Attending Head Start Conferences and serving as representatives for the MVCS Head Start Program.