Mass Family Centers
Massachusetts Family Centers are founded on the following beliefs:
- Children are society’s greatest resource. In their own right children deserve and need the opportunities that will maximize their individual potential and healthy development.
- Children do not live in isolation. The family is the primary institution shaping the development of children. A child’s development is dependent on the quality of family life.
- The family life is inextricably dependent upon and affected by the quality of community resources, serves and social support.
- Most families want to be able to help their children grow into healthy, capable adults.
- All families deserve and need support to achieve optimal development.
- Seeking support and information is a sign of family strength, not a sign of weakness.
- The ability of parents to nurture children is strengthened if they feel competent in other areas of their lives.
- Families and individual family members are constantly growing and changing and need an ongoing continuum of support.