New Paths Recovery Program
“Start by doing what is necessary; then do what is possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” – St. Francis of Assisi
What is the New Paths Recovery Program?
New Paths is a structured outpatient addiction program for adults who seek alcohol, drug and behavioral addictions recovery and who may also experience co-occurring mental health disorders. New Paths begins with a philosophy that everyone can reach their recovery goals. The program offers daily structured groups, individual sessions, family education sessions and psychiatric services.
New Paths consists of education and skills development in areas including early recovery, relapse prevention, peer support, mindfulness, emotion regulation, motivational enhancement, stress management, self-care, relaxation and mental health.
Who should attend the New Paths Recovery Program?
- Adults 18 years+ who need more treatment than a once a week individual session but who do not currently require detoxification or residential treatment.
- Persons who are willing to make a commitment to attend the program three times per week for a minimum of four weeks.
What is the structure of the New Paths Recovery Program?
- New Paths begins with a comprehensive evaluation and orientation to determine whether the program is the appropriate treatment option. The orientation/evaluation process usually lasts approximately two hours.
- Once admitted, we recommend starting the program as soon as possible. Clients can even begin the same day, schedule permitting.
- New Paths groups are three hours long and are focused on addiction and recovery skills development and education. We strongly encourage clients to attend a minimum of three days per week and to attend additional days of desired.
- After regular attendance and participation is established, psychiatric services are available when appropriate.
- Clients are also encouraged to attend Twelve Step meetings or other peer support groups.
How do I get started?
- For more information about the program please call 508-693-7900 x251
- To enroll, please call 508-693-7900 x290 to schedule an evaluation. We appreciate that entering New Paths can be a big decision for many people and we commit to setting up an appointment as soon as possible.
- Most insurers cover treatment in the New Paths program. Financial assistance is also often available.
What is the New Paths Recovery Program weekly group schedule?
|Monday||6:00 – 9:00 pm|
|Tuesday||6:00 – 9:00 pm|
|Wednesday||10:00 am – 1:00 pm|
|Thursday||6:00 – 9:00 pm|
|Friday||10:00 am – 1:00 pm|
Who do I contact for more information?
For more information about New Paths Recovery Program call 508-693-7900 x251 or email Janet Constantino, Program Coordinator.
Mike Blanchard’s Story
An inspirational film on recovery.
Mike generously donates a portion of sales from his photography and new book Fighting for My Life to directly benefit Martha’s Vineyard Community Services New Paths Recovery Program.
Visit Blanchard Photographic Impressions for more about Mike’s photography and efforts to heal himself and others.
Follow Blanchard Photographic Impressions where Mike shares his beautiful artwork to help heal the soul.